Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Wednesday 9 November 2011

Live life by living it

It hurts sometimes, this life of mine
but I wouldn't change it ,
not one time
The bumps the stings, the aches and pains
It cost far less than what I gained

We can live our lives and ride the ride
or wait and watch and let it slide
I come from tough and stubborn stock
we do the work , not talk the talk

When each day ends I take my rest
and hope I was equal to each test

Live life by living  every day
don't wait and let it slip away
Fear  can hold you back its true
but don't let it take on all of you

Breath the air and dance the dance
And give this life you live a chance

9 comments:

Country Gal said...

Fantastic poem and oh so true ! Have a wonderful day !

Cheyenne said...

You are so, so talented. It is such a wonderful thing that you share your gift...and remind us of life's most important lessons.

Happy day to you, friend!

Nicole said...

Yup, I think this is me this week too! You hit the nail on the head!

Cut-N-Jump said...

Well said. Live, dance, love... Most of all enjoy it while you can.

GoLightly said...

I think you need to hire a singer/melody maker, I keep hearing melodies as I read the words.
Or maybe you need to test out that singin' voice on us:)

kden said...

That is truly beautiful! I feel like I'm trying to live that way now ;-)

Janice said...

Perfect timing Sherry.

C-ingspots said...

Wow Sherry, you're very talented at this! I love it, and those are words of advice that I'll try to take to heart.

Reddunappy said...

Love it! so true. With all I have been through I dont want to sit on the sidelines and watch!!