Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Tuesday 17 January 2012

bummed out bloggers

So blogger is still having issues for many. We have those who are unable to load photos , and others unable to log on tho their own blogs to comment ! My trouble seems to mostly be an inability to comment on some blogs . So If you feel I have been ignoring you , sorry I am still here!
I have tried a few things , some effective others, not so much ...
1.Scream at the computer, no so effective , but cathartic
2. I changed my comment window to a pop up a while back and it seems to be working despite the other glitches, all the blogs I read that have a pop up comment box rather than the other style seem to be allowing me access. pretty effective
3. I upgraded to Google Chrome  on my home computer and I am back able to access all blogs. That is not an option for some who access from a network, and I am slightly resentful that I was essentially forced into a new technology
4 I have considered changing to another venue , like wordpress, but I am sure it comes with its own issues , and for the most part , when it is working well I like blogger . I have it figured out for posting ,links and templates, and while I have learned a lot , I am still a veritable techno bumpkin so ...

So to those I haven't "seen" in a while , I miss you and hopefully we will get this sucker back on track . Meanwhile , stay safe and warm.

15 comments:

Nicole said...

I wonder why blogger has so many issues! I like blogger too but not the problems!

Linda said...

I was having issues with blogger the past couple of days too...leaving comments. I thought it was my internet. Wordpress is great and you can import your old blog over to there. I can't say as I've had any problems with it at all.

Country Gal said...

I was having the same problem on some bloggers comments until I realized some have changed the way comment are and to make a comment hit reply comments on the blogs are blank except for this tiny reply . I havent had any problems with my own blog so far just some others ! I have noticed it has been the comment box on some blogs that I cant comment on all the time. I do prefer the pop up window and not the comment box blogger seems to be ok with the pop up window ! Oh well, modern technology eh! Have a good day !

Country Gal said...

Papa is a some what of a computer geek he can design web sites and used to build computers on the side and he uses his computer for all kinds of programs as well. We use firefox and regular google. I use Windows Live Writer 2011 for my blogging and havent had any problems . Hope you can get yours sorted out!

Cheyenne said...

Um, I love the term techno bumpkin...you are in good keeping...I am so behind when it comes to technology. I don't seem to have any problems when it comes to Google Chrome, as soon as I use something else...I'm hooped-no comments, etc.

I love the photo in your header by the way. It's so great!

GoLightly said...

If I say anything, something that I don't want to say anything about might happen.

It's totally Bill Gates' fault. And Gloogle. AND Windows.

Dithpicable!

RoeH said...

I had these troubles last year for about four months and no I was not patient about it one whit. It's very frustrating. I thought about wordpress but somebody told me that had their troubles with that so you just never know. Keep screaming at the computer. Doesn't help a bit but it's theraputic.

Shirley said...

I haven't had any problems with comments. I really prefer blogs that use the pop up comment box, as it allows you to look at the post as you are writing your comment, also I hate waiting for windows to open. It's a pet peeve of mine that you have to wait for the comment form, then post, then wait for the window to open with the word verification, then wait again while it's approved. Waaaay too much!
I use Google Chrome and love it. So easy to use.
The only beef I have with blogger is that it won't let me upload photos to my sidebar or header; it tells me that I have exceeded my photo upload quota and wants me to buy more storage on Picasa. NOT going to happen. No problem uploading photos to blog posts though. I have to go to HTML code to change my header photo and put it in the blog description spot. VERY annoying. If anyone knows a way around this, please share!

Trainwreck said...

Well I picked a perfect time to come back now didn't I;)

Confessions of a Closet Hoarder but you can call me Judy said...

I haven't had any problem with Blogger lately, but I have been on Chrome for quite awhile. Since it's Google's platform and so is Blogger, that might be why I'm not having problems.

Thanks so much for always being there for me on my blog. :) I really appreciate it. I'm hoping things start to slow down a bit for me, so I can start visiting y'all more regularly again. :)

Have a happy Wednesday!

greymare said...

Glad to hear others have had problems. I couln't comment as it would not let me into my account. Kept saying I changed my password. Haven't reid to get on my own blog in awhile. maybe I should.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Any time you grace us with your presence is a good time TW welcome back!

Crystal said...

I am pretty efficiant at screaming at my computer, but alas it never works for me either.

I havent been having any problems and hope it stays that way.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

It seems to work well with google Chrome . I just hope we haven't lost any blogging buddies from it all

Reddunappy said...

I have only been getting "conflicting edit" error message, I just reload it and its fine.

I use Google chrome for Facebook and some of the games.
Pogo scrabble doesnt work on it so I have to go back to IE.
IE is a pain and always freezing when I try to do a lot on it.
I switch back and forth between the two all the time.