Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Starting on volume 3?

Living Green
In the war for the environment
There are some forgotten soldiers
They are not heard, or seen that much
Don’t stand on others shoulders
They don’t yell out or holler foul
Not like those TV Charmers
Their armour is their coveralls
I am talking about farmers
Reduce reuse recycle man?
The farmer does all he can
Rebuilds a part, he won’t replace
And never does he waste on space
Not one to tell you how to live,
You could learn from his advice
After all, he has learned
To use the groceries twice 


And , I know spring is here, but this is my (hopefully farewell homage to the winter of 2012
Winter comes

When winter comes to us out here
It comes without much warning
You go to sleep in autumns glow
And wake to find it storming
From  the warm suns glow
Before  you know
Gone is all the grass
Be careful  friend
Around the bend you
Could fall on your
Ask anyone the north
They are from
If they would trade  this season
Most will say no
They will never go
And each one has their reason 


6 comments:

Country Gal said...

Fantastic poems !

Shirley said...

Good one- but I was willing to trade thee north for milder climes!.... Of course, I'm originally from these same milder climes. but Ted isn't- and there's no going back for him!

Crystal said...

Nice, but I too would be willing to trade winter for much warmer weather, but Neil likes winter (less to do cause its dark out)

Sherry Sikstrom said...

As I said, most will stay, after all there is a lot to be said for the beauty here in Alberta,we do withstand some nasty winter weather , but the payoff is amazing

Cut-N-Jump said...

You could fall on your what???? Tell me, tell me, tell me.....

Just kidding. Very well written as usual. A third book in the works already? You are a busy woman, that's for sure.

Nicole said...

For whatever reason I read them in reverse order. At first I thought I liked the second on and then I read the first. Yeah it kind of won my heart over! So I guess what I'm so inarticulately saying, i love these!