Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Friday 30 November 2012

What went right

For the past month on Facebook I have been involved in a daily Thankfulness  journal .
When I started in on November 1, I assumed ,I am an optimist, this should be a cake walk!
 NOT!
 Negativity and stress fill our worlds these days and it has somehow become the norm to be grumpy and nasty ,hurtful and blaming others in the world. 
The first few days were easy, then the weather turned, I had some i
ssues with aches and pains and suddenly
,I was struggling to find something to be thankful for.
 I persevered and forced myself to find the "happy " in each day, and by the end of this challenge I found myself looking forward to my journal entry !
 It became my time in the day to say "What went right" And reminded me to find the simple joys my wonderful life has to offer . So now that it is complete I plan to still daily take a moment to find the positive in my day and I challenge all of my friends and family here to do the same! Journal it , or don't but take a minute or 10 every single day to look at it and ask"WHAT WENT RIGHT?"
Stay safe and warm  my friends 

9 comments:

aurora said...

Point well made, and taken!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely idea!

Nicole said...

I'm so glad you made it through and you're right... sometimes the negative takes over but it's awesome to find the positive in every situation!

Louisa Valentina; said...

What a wonderful idea - I think I might just have to do that for the month of december. Some days it is just so hard to be positive, isn't it? journalling like that is a good reminder to keep your chin up.

Cut-N-Jump said...

Sometimes it is really, Really, REALLY hard to find the good things to point out and especially in yourself. Why is that????

kden said...

I like that way of putting it. Some days can be rough, but just looking for one thing that went right can be pretty easy. Thanks for a new way of thinking about things ;-)

Crystal said...

I absolutely agree!! I too thought it was gonna be easy, but it really is a good reminder that even though we wanna complain about stuff, we really have a lot to be thankful for.

RoeH said...

I tried that once and gave up too fast. I've heard though that it does work and I keep thinking I'd like to try it again. Facebook, huh. That's a good idea.

GoLightly said...

It's a wonderful concept, and I'm glad it worked for you. I am still on the mantra "It could be a lot worse".
Hmmm. Maybe that's an issue...