Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Wednesday 22 May 2013

A little shout out

Those of  you who have followed  my  blog for some  time will know who Deb is,a longtime  friend of mine and  partner in the ownership of Windwalker  Cactus.She has been  my  friend  for ,well since we are both only 29 (eye roll) my entire  life lol . She and her  hubby Brian  have shared many adventures with me and I am honorary Auntie to  their kids , Robert ,Angela(Dr Oakley DVM) and Cara and I  am  ever so proud of each of them and honored  to have them  call me Auntie!
The  gang at Christmas 
 She  posts as Greymare when  she  comments, and what you may not  know  or  remember is, she has a blog.Never too Old has  been in ,shall we  call it a hiatus? for some time but  with some  gentle prompting  she  has resurrected it and  begun  posting again. Please  join  me in welcoming her back! I was reading it today and  read back nearly to the beginning! which I would only reccomend if you have a box of  tissue, I found a few tears  lurking  back there!
Anyhow, as I said welcome back Deb! With a foal  coming  from Peps this year I bet you will have lots to blog about.
No winter is not back, its  just a favorite picture 


 Deb and I  doing  what so much of our time together has been, just two gals and their  ponies 

# 3 in the foaling  contests  coming soon, meanwhile ,as always  stay safe my friends 

9 comments:

kden said...

It's nice when blogging friends come back after taking a break. I miss my friends a lot when they've been gone awhile. But at least you are friends in person and not just online. Happy returns!

Crystal said...

Very cool! Will have to check it out :)

Janice Grinyer said...

that kind of looks like a reverse childhood thing friendship going on there between you...I suppose you two climb trees and play in the mud too teehee!

The way its suppose to be - always 18 at heart :)

welcome back greymare!

Cut-N-Jump said...

That last picture is perfect. Riding just to ride, remembering the FUN! it was when we were kids and how nobody knew about leads, diagonals or much less cared.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

YUp Feral, we have played in the mud (sort of) remind me to tell you about that particular trainwreck !LOL
Crystal I think you met Deb the first time we met at the Mane Event.
Yes Kden its nice to have her as a in person friend too
And CNJ , yup I miss those days when we just rode our horse! nothing fancy, chase the odd cow, climb the odd mountain didn't know sh*t from shinola but we got it done

4RRanch said...

Nice to be able to do what you love with people you love. About the crossbred bull question, If you have a cross breed that you like it is easier to maintain the percentages with a crossbred bull and not have to have separate herds. (not real sure on what cross my husband actually likes, it seems to change with some frequency)

CDH said...

Just came across your blog from another blog. Those baby appaloosas are just gorgeous! Love the spotted blanked on the butt.

greymare said...

Thanks Sherry for the nice words. We have been through alot together you and I good and bad. I miss those for no reason rides. Once baby arrives, you may be sorry that you got me blogging again. See you on the weekend.

Willow said...

Aww. riding with a good friend is always ... Happy Trails !