Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Sunday 10 November 2013

just stuff

So  thanks  to  my  dad  this  silly little  song  has  been  running  around in my  head  for the  last few  days 

And  speaking of  dad, he is  busy  working on the  next installment  of his  guest  posts, this will  be  where  he  talks  about the Haymobile  and how it  came  to be, and  shares  a  cool  little bit of  history  about it.
Then he is already  talking  about his  next   post  beyond  that , about mowers , and  haybines and the "Thing" which I have  no idea  what it  was  but  was apparently  a (as  dad  would say it ) "a  great  rig"
so  stay  tuned  friends  !
Meanwhile I  have  something  exciting of my own coming up...
Finally  after  a  whole  year of  waiting , the  EAPD (Equine  assisted  personal  development  coach )  training  is  going to be in  Edmonton , and the garrison. and I am  signed up and  confirmed to be  there!!! It is  4  days  after which  I will  be a  certified  coach,if I then chose to go  further I can  take  the  next  step to become an EAL facilitator, (kind of a  train the  trainers  thing !!)
I have  my pre  study material, and a whole  lot of  high  hopes!
So  other  than feeding  critters ,

studying and shoveling  snow ,I don't  have  much  going  on right at the  moment. Hope  all are  all enjoying  the weekend . And as always  my  friends ,  stay  safe 

7 comments:

aurora said...

You should really feed your dog Sherry ;) just look at that face! Your EAPD training sounds fantastic!! I hope you'll share more about it. Wish they offered their training in the US, sounds like really good key instruction.

Shirley said...

That career should fit you to a T! I saw the email advertising that, and thought it would be a really good thing to do. Glad you are taking it.
O Poor Pathetic Winston! He deserves an extra treat just for that "look"!

Shirley said...

Oh- and poor little Skeeter, hiding in the shadows, him too!

Willow said...

Oh I loved that little ditty ~ I was tapping my toe and chuckling . I remember when I was very small hearing some of these on the old type songs...still love the nostalgia of them.
My dad was full of old corny jokes like these too and I really miss hearing him tell them . Loved this :)

GoLightly said...

All great news, so happy for your next step. I can totally see you training people to become better trainers.
Congrats on this new career direction!!
Love the old video, thank you :)

Country Gal said...

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip and congrats . Sweet feed me look from pooch lol . Looking forward to hearing all about your trip and to reading of your dads posts to ! Thanks for sharing . Have a good day !

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh congratulations that is perfect for you. I can't wait to read more from your Dad. Snow eh:) we do not have any yet but it is now getting very cold. Hug B