Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Thursday 1 May 2014

Duck, Duck goose(OK geese)

Just a few pics  from this weeks  walkabouts ,Things are greening up and  some of our fair "feathered" friends have  returned and set up camp for the spring and summer



And  speaking of "fine  feathers" the horse are  starting to she out and show their summer  glory ,

The babies are a little slower, I spend  some time grooming them , and wound up with a horse hair  carpet in the pen! But its coming 

That's it for now, stay safe  friends

7 comments:

Country Gal said...

Nice photos ! Glad to see all the snow has gone there now ! Oh my another horse out of all that hair lol ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

Willow said...

The header is adorable.
Great to see everyone :)

Cut-N-Jump said...

I know how you feel about shedding them out. Sadly we seem to end up Wearing a good portion of what comes off of them. And its e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e.... :-(

The feathered fowl are some good lookin critters, although I know geese can be very protective and mean about doing their job. Be careful of that.

Cut-N-Jump said...

I know how you feel about shedding them out. Sadly we seem to end up Wearing a good portion of what comes off of them. And its e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e.... :-(

The feathered fowl are some good lookin critters, although I know geese can be very protective and mean about doing their job. Be careful of that.

aurora said...

Glad to hear things are greening up. It's been slow arriving this year. Getting their winter coats off has to feel good, but it's a never ending job!

GoLightly said...

LOL at the last pic. Max's expression!
Who's hair is that? Can't ALL be mine!

Shirley said...

I sure hope that white stuff stays away for good now!Nice to see the spring sunshine and shedding babies. They sure do have more hair than older horses.