Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Monday 14 July 2014

Pics of the kids, and Maks is sold

 Yes, my sweet ,handsome Maks has been sold.Funny he has been officially listed for sale on Northern Horse , for a couple of weeks.I did have ads out of a free site and FB but wasn't really pushing too hard till I had some more groundwork accomplished and had him gelded and feet trimmed.Once listed the ad got lots of views, but very few actual inquiries, this didn't worry me ,because as a rule, selling these young ones at least  that is how it goes, nothing much other than views of the ad, then BAMM! the right person sees the horse and we have a deal! That is how it went with Comet and Quinn, and Justus and Maggie before them,and those that were sold before them as well. Put your add out there, put the best foot forward and wait,its the waiting that pays off. SO Maks will be heading south to the Calgary area in the not so distant future. As always I will miss him, but sounds like he has found a good family to start his career with .
I still have Tango listed, and I am hoping his person will come along soon as well. But it  will happen when it happens.Here they are out on a bigger grass area, off hay entirely now , and much to their chagrin off grain as well.


 A fin little animation 
 Buddies 
 Oh ! what a face! 
 Tango, gazing off into ... his future?
 A shot of the littlest cowgirl, Sprite, who is also for sale .Deb is selling both of her horses at this time.
Oakley's Arctic Heather,2013 filly proudly offered for sale , consigned at Fern Valley Appaloosas.
"Sprite" is a sweet tempered willing  filly with a great mind and a world of potential . Pretty and elegant with chrome and color!
Sprite is a daughter of Fern Valley's wonderful palomino stallion, Windwalker Cactus , who passes his great mind,,conformation and overall ride-ability on to all of his offspring. Siblings of this filly have proven to be safe, sane and sound .
Up to date on immunizations, worming and hoof care, halter broke ,leading well and stands nicely for farrier 
Compact and correct, this little girl is all about versatility! Sweet smart and so much more!
I am going to start up my Fridays for sale posts again, to share what I have available , and also ,I always appreciate the critiques and suggestions my fellow bloggers have to tweak the adds to make them pop. Also feel free to share any for sale items that you would like me to spread the word on  . 

That is about it for now , other than  Harley will be going to be lightly started with my honorary niece Katie next week and also will be offered for sale . Once all of that is firmed up and organised,maybe that summer of running wild and riding horses I planned will actually happen! 
There are after all a few "spots" that need my attention!



Stay safe my friends 

8 comments:

aurora said...

Congrats on finding Maks a good home! Hope you'll get & share an update on him down the road. Wishing you that well deserved, planned summer of running wild & riding horses!! Speaking of running wild, I tried your suggestion of closing my eyes to help feel the correct lead...loved it! Amazing what a person feels when you take away a sense. I only did it on the long sides of the arena, but - wow!!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

I'm seeing some nice butts in this crowd of pics. I'm glad you are happy with Maks' new home.

Country Gal said...

Lovely photos ! Glad Maks has found a new forever home ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good week !

Shirley said...

I figured he'd sell fairly quickly! He's a beaut, hope he has a great career ahead of him. Congratulations on putting another good horse out there.

Country Gal said...

Hey there ! Just want to thank you for commenting om my blog . I do respond but for some reason every time I do it comes back , I don't have this prob with anyone else sending reply's . Just wanted to let ya know and that I am not ignoring your comments ! Have a good day !

GoLightly said...

Congratulations, Maks!
Sad to see him go, really, good grief, he's a good-looking colt, beautiful head, awesome colour...
sigh.
I hope his new owner keeps you posted on his progress, 'cause he's a beauty.

That animation is too cute. Talk about sweet synchronicity...

Johnny's looking a bit skinny, please feed him many cookies for me ;)
KIDDING!!
Scritches to Johnny, and hugs to you.

Leah said...

Ah love those Apps! And I sure like your "header" picture - beautiful! Congrats on the sale but I agree it is hard to see any of them go!

Crystal said...

Yay for Maks :) He will make them happy I think. I am not very good at the waiting part, I like instant, lol even though i know Im not that instant when i buy.

Will be fun to be running wild this summer, what ya gonna do all summer with all that free time and such pretty ponies :)