Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Wednesday 15 October 2014

Favorite places and spots

Quite a few pictures, and not a lot to say
Just loving the autumn here in Alberta, its been a busy couple of weeks 

 But there is always time to smell the leaves and just enjoy the view 
Took our annual trip to Jasper this weekend with Heather and Marc as always 
It is truly one of my favorite places in the world

As soon as we see the mountains ,it seems we all breath a sigh of relief and feel the serenity coming on . There is a small parcel of land just east of the park gates, that I have often dreamed of owning, funny I told my dad about it and he knew just the spot, it seems he too, has dreamed of living there, since he was a kid. Guess the apple really doesn't fall far  lol 
Even Martin found some peace and joy after the sadness 

We walked around , then headed to town to do a little early Christmas shopping 


 As you can see we came , we saw, we shopped! I was pooped 


then up the hill to Miette, and the mineral springs


Feeling much better after a soak in the hot springs! 
I have had some chiropractic work done on my shoulder and finally after more than 2 years, I have regained nearly full range of motion! I was trying out swimming in the hot pools and I am happy to say I can do it ! will no longer be swimming in circles! Going to try some lane swimming at the local pool this week 

 Heather and Marc tend to take this trip near their anniversary, this year we were a week late, but I think its still OK , 26 yrs Married this year 

 The mountains in all of their autumn finery 

 Martin , at the foot of Mount Pocahontas , with a couple of interesting fellows 

The home to the farm and my "other" favorite spots! 
Tango, just a yearling ,yet this sweet colt has been a great help in the Equine assisted personal development program, wise beyond his age, gentle and kind, he has connected nicely with a couple of youngsters that come here

Then there are these , spots on the move

 They all bring joy to my life, but I seriously need to actually get on a horse, and soon!
But until then ... 


Stay safe my friends 

9 comments:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Love the fall colors. I keep hoping to take a drive into the mountains to experience them once again. I totally understand your excitement over getting full range of motion in your shoulder after several years. My husband went through that with both his shoulder and his knee. Christmas shopping this early is a good idea. If I wait much longer, I won't be able to get into the stores because of the winter visitors pouring in. I just wish my family could come up with some ideas for gifts they would like to receive.

aurora said...

It's good to hear from you. I can see why the lake in Jasper is one of your favorite places. If it's that pretty in a photo, you know it's even more so in person. Tango sounds like such a special horse!

Anonymous said...

Lovely post, full of special moments - thanks for sharing with us!

C-ingspots said...

Sherry, I'm so happy that you and Martin got to get away and relax, find some peace and enjoy each other and your friends. Just what you needed, and the perfect time. Such a beautiful place, especially with the autumn colors on display! I can see why it's a favorite spot. As far as body aches, there's nothing quite like a good soak in a mineral bath - definitely cures what ails ya!! Your pics are all wonderful, but I can't help but love the horsey ones the best!! Tango sounds like my kinda guy! :)

Shirley said...

Jasper is so gorgeous, and especially all decked out in fall colours.
I'm thinking you might have to take Tango off the market.....

kden said...

Glad to hear you are swimming straight! Such beautiful colors you have and the mountains look amazing. You're lucky you have such beauty all around you.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!

Nicole said...

I couldn't handle your winters... but your autumn's look gorgeous!!

Ami said...

Is it bad that I giggled at the idea of you swimming in circles? :)