Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Sunday 26 July 2015

Signed sealed ,delivered!

Took Tango to his new home yesterday. He traveled well ,and unloaded like a champ! Kat was there to receive her new horse and I enjoyed a brief visit with her, I didn't get out to see Maggie while there but I hope to get a chance next time.I left her and Tango getting to know one another. ( I forgot to take pics ,but Kat's mom was out today and shared these.
I think they will be a great pair!


Today was all about me standing around while the farrier did the hard work. All of the horses were pretty good, and best of all the bute protocol we have Johnny on continues to work, he stook like a champ! Harley had a moment or two, but even so, Charlie commented on how quickly this colt learns things, He did try a couple times but with very little correction he gave in! 
I do need to remember to put Cactus in the barn to trim this time of year, the distractions made him a bit fractious but nothing serious, better to just put him in a position to succeed in future.
Aside form all of that Martin is home now for a while and we have been spending time together and getting a few things done, checking cows, checking fences, and the like . 
Life is pretty good right now.
Until next time... 
Stay safe  my friends 

5 comments:

Buttons Thoughts said...

"Life is pretty good right now." that is all I needed to hear and I think that is the best sentence for any of us working hard this time of year. Oh I think they look like the perfect fit. HUG B

aurora said...

Tango & Kat's hair match! Will be fun for you (and us) to get updates on this pair, as they grow together. Always good to get foot trims checked off the never ending list!

Shirley said...

So glad Tango went to Kat, he's such a good boy. Enjoy your hubby-home time!

Crystal said...

Yay thats so perfect!

C-ingspots said...

Just beautiful - all of it!