Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Thursday 19 May 2016

Rain dances and updates


Step back nonbelievers, 
or the rain will never come. 
Someone keep that fire burning,
 somebody beat the drum.
Some may think I'm crazy,
 for making all these claims.
But I swear before this day is over,
you folks are going to see some rain" 
Lizzie and the rain man 


We I will start at the end lol. We got some rain! Some much needed rain today, and hopefully more over the next few days.

The fires in Alberta are terrible with the worst being Fort Mac Murray.over 80000  people evacuated in the city itself and greater than 1600 dwellings lost. But, no loss of life as a result of the fires.It has been said that there is no other city in the world that would have done the evacuations so well.With so many folks working in the oil and gas industry,probably most are trained in emergency managemnet, WHIMIS,first aid,etc. They handled themselves with grace and composure, helping one another and making sure all got out safely! 
The fire continues to burn there and in other area, our continued prayers for all affected,and for the brave first responders who are standing strong.
We had a bit of a scare here a while ago with a wildfire just a few miles away.We did not need to evacuate,but we do have a plan , and I am humbled by the number of calls, messages  and texts I received offering housing and transport for my critters! 

May has been a whirlwind so far,we celebrated my birthday, then the next week,my Uncles wedding celebration, 
(this taken at the wedding celebration, Martin and I got our dancing shoes on that night! )

and just last weekend a 75 birthday party for my dad! 

No time to think just party party party! lol









And another birthday this coming weekend with Miss Abby turning 7! 

A busy month! well that is almost it,only to mention that Harley is sold! He will be going to Katie (the gal that started him) She always liked him ,calling him the smartest colt she ever started! Well it seems that it is just the right time for he and she to get together! Yay! another of my horses going to not only a great home but one where I can keep up with their career! 
that's it for now, my internet has been intermittent so I am hoping to get caught up with everyone else blogs soon as well. 
Meanwhile stay safe my friends

6 comments:

aurora said...

I was just wondering how you are doing this morning, and whala - here is an update! Good to know you & yours are safe from the devastating fires. That is a wonderful photo of you & Martin!! Glad Harley found such a good home, congrats! Happy belated birthday to you, and your dad - love his cake :)

C-ingspots said...

I do love that pic of you and Martin! You both look so very happy. Don't you just love weddings and family parties!? So much fun and love flowing around...glad you're having such a busy, but joyous month of May. Also so very happy to hear of your rain, and that fire slowing down. Such a tragedy, but could have been much worse. You're all still in our prayers...

Crystal said...

That fire is a mess, as are all the others. Glad you got rain we just get to look like we are getting some but no.

That cake is super cool Happy Birthday to your Dad. And congrats on selling Harley that's perfect!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

What a great cake. Happy belated birthdays to all.

kden said...

Wonderful picture of you and Martin :) Love the John Deer cake.

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday to you, and your dad - love his cake :)


จอมเวทย์มหากาฬ